DiscoverOhioWines.com loves assisting our Ohio wineries in finding great talent. Our “Winery Help Wanted” page has been added to our website to assist qualified applicants in finding those jobs. If you are interested in any of the positions that have been posted, please forward your information as instructed to the contact person listed in the job posting.
(Help wanted listings are FREE to all wineries. Please notify DiscoverOhioWines.com when the position has been filled, so we can remove it from our website.)
Job post #3:
Become a part of our employment team and apply to be a Vineyard Manager today!
PLEASE NOTE: Complete the online application here in order to be considered: http://gms.applicantstack.com/x/apply-gervasi/a2cn4ca439ig
Gervasi Vineyard’s Vision is To become a leading destination winery resort and restaurant group that delivers a world class hospitality experience where people can connect to enhance their lives. We could not make that vision a reality without our passionate employees!
We promote a dynamic, fun and exciting work environment. We pride ourselves on opportunities for career development and have many success stories of original hire part time employees that have created lifelong careers with our company.
The Vineyard Manager will be responsible for the overall Grape Growing Process including all aspects and phases of vineyard operations. The ideal candidate will have 5 years hands-on viticultural experience in a year round vineyard. Related experience with vineyard chemical application preferred.
ALL part time and full time staff will receive employee meal discounts, discounted market place gift shop purchases and GVEX perx vouchers for friends and family! Attractive benefits package for Full Time Staff: Subsidized Health Insurance, Company Provided Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. Paid Time Off, Voluntary Benefits Including: Dental, 401K, Long Term Disability and Supplemental Life Insurance
Would you like to be part of a top ranked vineyard? What are you waiting for?! Come and see what we are all about by applying today -Grazie!
1700 55th St NE
Canton, OH 44721-3401
Job post #2:
Northeast Ohio Winery looking for Kitchen Help.
Location: Grand River Cellars
5750 S. Madison Rd., Rt 528, Madison, OH 44057
Please stop by and complete an application.
Job post #1:
Central Ohio Winery looking for Assistant Manager
Range is $25,000-$29,000 to start
The Assistant Manager/Event Sales is responsible for promoting the Winery to the public and will oversee the tasting and sale of wine and non-wine products at the winery in order to maximize sales potential. The AM will assist in the daily operations of the Winery ensuring that the team is providing exceptional customer service and promoting our wines to make the experience at our winery memorable for every visitor. To be part of the our team, we insist that you have a passion for wine, customer service and promoting local.
– Greet visitors as they enter the winery and be inviting, letting them know all that we do
– Be able to respond to customers questions
– Effectively sell the wine, book & run parties and events
– Train staff as needed as wine bar, some FOH duties, POS and other daily task
– Oversee the opening/closing procedures for the Winery
– Assist with managing the inventory for off site tastings/festivals
– Update and keep organized tourism information by attending network meetings outside of regular hours
– Bartend at tasting bar, assist staff as needed – cleaning, pouring wines, etc
– Educate the public on where to find our wines
– Maintain a friendly, warm and clean environment.
– Clean, organize and re-stock as needed
– Work with the Owner on coming up with & promoting events
– On as as needed basis, post events to calendars and websites, use Eventbrite and MailChimp for advertising events, Social Media.
– labeling wines, assisting groups on making wine
Skills and Abilities:
– Minimum 2 years customer service, restaurant or retail experience
– Must have sales experience
– Having worked for a small business and/or winery is a a big plus!
– Must be a team player and possess “can do” leadership attitude
– Must be highly motivated, independent and able to take direction from Owner
– Must be positive and keep staff on task and motivated
– Must be able to multitask
– Outstanding customer service skills
– Proven ability to communicate effectively
– Knowledge of wines helpful
– Commitment to excellence and high standards
– Must be able to work Saturdays, evenings and some holidays
– Must be detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
– Must be able to lift 50 lbs
– Professional appearance and attitude an absolute must!
– Good knowledge of computer programs.
Tremendous growth opportunity for the right person. Must be hardworking, loyal, honest and dedicated. We are looking for the right individual who is passionate about growing a business.